Terms & Conditions
1. A 25% deposit (£50 minimum) is payable at the time of booking. This deposit is not returnable if you cancel (see conditions 3 and 4). We will then send an acknowledgement together with joining instructions and invoice for the balance. The balance is payable in full 6 weeks before the cruise or course. If there is less than 6 weeks to go before the cruise or course date, the fee is payable in full at the time of booking.
2. We will take provisional bookings by telephone and hold them for one week within which time we need a completed and signed booking form and deposit. A booking is only confirmed when we have acknowledged receipt of the booking form.
3. If for any reason we are unable to run a course or cruise we will refund all fees paid and our liability will cease thereafter. Short delays to rectify technical failures or damage to a yacht are rare but they are a normal risk of sailing. If a delay exceeds 30 hours Elite Sailing will reimburse you pro-rata for the time lost. Delays or diversion due to exceptional weather are very rare and usually quite limited but in any such case Elite Sailing will be under no obligation to provide compensation and will have no liability for consequential loss.
4. If you have to cancel before 6 weeks before the course start date we will refund the fees paid less the 25% deposit. If you cancel with less than 6 weeks to go you remain liable for the full amount, although we will try to fill your place and repay you the fee less deposit should we succeed.
5. RYA Vouchers are acceptable in part or full payment for sailing courses, subject to a 15% handling charge. (This is the same as the charge made by the RYA to redeem the voucher).
6. The minimum age for all cruises and courses is 16 years, unless an exception is agreed in writing. Exceptions may be agreed where a responsible adult accompanies the minor. Young people under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
7. Elite Sailing and Elite Charters, their servants, agents and employees are not under any liability whatsoever in respect of personal injury, loss or damage to effects, howsoever caused, while you are attending a cruise or course.
8. Elite Sailing is a commercial organisation and is unable to make refunds of deposits in any circumstances or of balances in case of late cancellation (unless we fill the place). We strongly recommend you take out travel insurance to cover loss of personal effects, medical expenses and cancellation.
9. While you are aboard the boat you must accept the authority of the skipper in all matters concerning the operation of the yacht and the safety of you and all others aboard.
10. Before booking please ensure that you have honestly declared any illnesses or disabilities. These will not necessarily preclude you from taking part, but it is essential to the safety of you and others that the skipper is aware of them. If new medical conditions arise or existing ones change between booking and sailing, please advise Elite Sailing in writing or the skipper on joining.
11. Please note that for all offshore sailing except corporate entertainment it is customary for crews to participate in domestic duties aboard including cooking and light cleaning.
12. Before booking, please satisfy yourself that you have received adequate guidance on the suitability of the cruise or course you are joining.
13. Please make cheques payable to Elite Sailing.