- 5 Day Course (0900 Monday to 1700 Friday). Price £584 – £655
Effective training at Coastal Skipper level requires longer passages beyond the range possible with day sailing so courses are best conducted on a residential (live aboard) basis. Shared and sole occupancy is available to book.
The availability table below shows dates and prices of Practical Sailing Weeks (5 day courses). You can request any of these for your Coastal Skipper course but to ensure an appropriate crew experience mix we may ask you to consider alternative dates.
- RYA Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster Shorebased course or full knowledge of the subject. At least Day Skipper level practical sailing competence.
- Minimum 15 days at sea, 300 miles and 8-night hours logged.
- VHF Licence and First Aid Certificate (beneficial for practical assessment).
- To really benefit from this course, you should have some prior experience as a skipper in charge of a yacht.