Escape the ties of daily life
The coasts around the British Isles offer variety, natural beauty, rich history and abundant wildlife. These waters offer the finest and most extensive cruising areas in Europe. To sail all the way around is itself a great achievement and a wonderful sailing and travel experience.
As you cruise along the coasts you see, hear and feel the changing landcape, accents, dialects and cultures of our rich island heritage. There is no better way to visit a place than to arrive by sea in your own boat. You escape the ordeals of driving, parking and finding places to stay. You feel much more a part of the place. And there is a wealth of wildlife to enjoy en-route.
A great way to have a sailing holiday alone or with friends and family.
Make this the year you live the dream.
Sail Around Britain 1 – Total 47 days aboard
Start at Chatham at 1800 on Sunday 16 April. Finish at Chatham on Friday 2 June
Price £4,100 all inclusive
Chatham – Suffolk Coasts – Southwold – Whitby – Farne Islands (Holy Island) – Eastern Scotland – Lossiemouth – Fairisle – Shetland – Orkney – North and West Coasts of Scotland – Oban – Western Isles (Skye, Hebrides, Rhum, Mull, Staffa, Iona, Jura, Islay and many more) – Northern Ireland – Bangor (Co Down) – Isle of Man – Dublin (Howth) – Wicklow – Skomer Island – Milford Haven – Isles of Scilly – Penzance – Helford River – Brittany (Morlaix, Treguier) – Channel Islands (Guernsey, Sark) – Jersey (St Helier) – Alderney – Cherbourg – Honfleur – Dieppe – Boulogne – Chatham. See full details of every leg in the table above – Crews 3 to 8.
Sail Around Britain 2 – Total 47 days aboard
Start at Chatham at 1800 on Friday 9 June. Finish at Chatham on Wednesday 26 July
Price £4,100 all inclusive
Chatham – Boulogne – Dieppe – Honfleur – St Vaast – Southampton – Weymouth – Brixham – Dartmouth – Salcombe – Plymouth – Fowey – Helford River – Penzance – Isles of Scilly – Milford Haven – Skomer Island – Wicklow – Dublin – Isle of Man – Bangor (Co Down) – Campbeltown – Islay – Jura – Oban – Western Isles (Mull, Iona, Rhum, Skye and many more) – Summer Isles – Orkney – Lossiemouth – Farne Islands (Holy Island), Whitby – Suffolk coast – Southwold – Chatham. See full details of every leg in the table above – Crews 10 to 15.
Sail Around Britain 3 – Total 54 days aboard
Start at Chatham at 1800 on Friday 4 August. Finish at Chatham on Wednesday 27 September.
Price £4,700 all inclusive
Chatham – Boulogne – Dieppe – Honfleur – St Vaast – Southampton – Channel Islands – St Malo – Cherbourg – Southampton – Weymouth – Brixham – Dartmouth – Salcombe – Plymouth – Fowey – Helford River – Penzance – Isles of Scilly – Milford Haven Skomer Island – Wicklow – Dublin – Isle of Man – Bangor (Co Down) – Campbeltown – Islay – Jura – Oban – Western Isles (Mull, Iona, Rhum, Skye and many more) – Summer Isles – Orkney – Lossiemouth – Farne Islands (Holy Island), Whitby – Suffolk coast – Southwold – Chatham. See full details of every leg in the table above – Crews 17 to 23.
As with all our adventure sailing, these cruises are aboard a 46 foot yacht (Tonic) and you will be one of a crew of 6 to 8 people. The skipper will be a highly experience RYA instructor and training at all levels is included. You can even start as a complete beginner and by the end you would be a seasoned sailor. Some prior sailing experience is necessary – to be sure you are going to enjoy it. Of course these voyages are also fantastic vehicles for building experience towards RYA qualifications and you could choose to go straight on to a 2 or 3 week training module for the yachtmaster examination.
- Joining instructions will be sent detailing where and when crews should arrive at the yacht. As a guide, crews normally arrive between 1500 and 1800 on the first day of each cruise. The yacht may depart on the evening of the first day or the following morning according to weather and tides. The yacht will normally arrive at the final port for each leg in the evening before the final day and crew are usually able to leave by about 1100 on the final day. Check joining/leaving times before booking travel.
- Prices include a berth (sharing a double or twin cabin), all meals and tea/coffee etc aboard the yacht for the whole period, safety equipment (lifejackets and /harnesses), oilskins if required, sailing instruction and VAT. You need to pay for travel to and from the yacht and you will need some pocket money for personal expenses.
- We usually sail with up to 8 or 9 aboard, always including a professional skipper/instructor and sometimes a mate too. You will be allocated a berth sharing a twin or double cabin. Some of your fellow crew may be sailing as part of longer training programmes; others may be joining for just one trip to learn to sail or extend experience; and others may be along for an adventurous holiday.
- Itineraries are carefully planned to allow for average conditions and the descriptions are fair illustrations based on years of experience. We aim to follow the broad itinerary but weather and sea conditions in combination with tides can and sometimes do force changes to our plans. With safety our top priority, the skipper has to decide actual sailing schedules. It isalso important to realise that these are adventurous sailing trips which could involve some discomfort if the sea is rough. The skipper will always consult with the crew to make the most of every situation and we are confident that you will have a fulfilling and enjoyable cruise.
- Elite Sailing Club Sea Miles Scheme. Every trip you sail earns you sea miles which can be used to help pay for subsequent trips in the same year and even the following year. This is effectively a 5% loyalty discount for your second and all subsequent adventure sailing trips. And if you have booked and paid for a trip this year you have the chance of further ‘standby’ sailings at great prices – never available to non-members. Specially discounted trips and Round Britain Adventures do not generate ‘seamiles’.
- Special Discounts. The following discounts are available: 5 % if 8 people book one trip together. Crew 2 + delivery D1 £840 for 11 days. Crews 8 and 9 together – 5% discount. 5% if you book any 4 or more trips. 7% if you book 4 or more trips in one season. (only 1 discount may apply. Previously earned seamiles may be used to assist in purchase of discounted trips but discounted trips do not generate seamiles.